Paper machine dryer audits offered by Fulton Systems
Fulton Systems, Norcross, GA, offer periodic audits of steam and condensate systems. With ever-increasing energy costs, tonnage requirements, quality and grade changes, these audits provide options to meet these challenges. Utilizing proprietary computer modeling, Fulton Systems provides comprehensive reporting of paper machine drying efficiencies and comparison to industry standards.
Reports are individually generated specifically for each paper machine. On-machine surveys are structured to mill specific objectives.
Typical drying audit objectives:
• Quantify drying efficiency and capability by establishing dryer heat and fluid mass balances.
• Illustrate performance of existing and future operating conditions to support production goals.
• Identify problem areas in drying sections focusing on mill identified goals.
• Develop recommendations and supporting equipment proposals to modify the steam and condensate system to realize goals.
Fulton’s paper machine specialists assist customers in optimizing their paper machine drying sections.
Also from Fulton:
• An absorption type desuperheater is a tool in papermaking that reduces super-heated steam temperatures to control superheat temperatures. It is designed to thoroughly mix steam and condensate using a liquid spray nozzle and mist eliminator and is installed in the main steam supply as well as machine drying section headers.
Desuperheaters are ideal for steam shower applications where steam temperature and water droplet control is critical.
Units can be applied to both Yankee and conventional machines.
Fulton Systems Inc., www.fultonsystems.com