ProJet successfully starts up 500th high pressure cleaner for forming fabrics
ProJet Technologies, Inc., Manitowoc, WI, has completed the successful start-up of its 500th Pro Cleaner Type F cleaning system, this time within the Siam Cement Group in Thailand.
The Pro Cleaner Type F (Forming Fabrics) and Type P (Press Felts) use a traversing cleaning head that contains 21 nozzles. With a cleaning pressure of max. 200 bar (3,000 psi) and a cleaning width of 200 mm (8- in.) almost three times the cleaning area is covered in the same amount of time as conventional oscillating showers.
Furthermore, the Pro Cleaner Type F delivers the following operational and performance benefits:
• Substantial cleaning water savings (operational cost reduction and improved profitability): the Pro Cleaner provides superior cleaning performance, while only consuming 1.3 gpm (5.0 litre/min) of water. A conventional oscillating shower consumes over 100 gpm of water, leading to substantially higher electrical power and waste water treatment costs.
• Water mist elimination is achieved by the application of air knives that contain water mist and contamination, which is discharged through Venturi tubes and finally into a save-all pan.
• Targeted cleaning enables an operator to control the cleaner for not only over-all CD fabric/felt cleaning but also to apply targeted zone/strip or edge cleaning.
Case study: ROI calculation:
The following audit of client savings resulted after the installation of 2 ProCleaners on the forming fabrics of a tissue machine producing 55 tpd (19,800 tpy), with a tissue sales price of $490/ton at 15% profit margin. The value of the results documented below were achieved after a 0.7% productivity increase was confirmed by an improved sheet dryness profile, electrical power savings, reduced steam usage, reduced water consumption, two fewer forming fabrics installed per year, reduced sheet breaks and reduction of reject paper.
The annual value ($US) of all documented operational savings follows:
• 0.7% productivity increase (140 tpy) = $10,187;
• Reduction of electrical power consumption of 31 kWh = $37,500;
• Reduction of steam consumption of 0.7% at $12/ton = $1,680;
• Reduction of water consumption at $1.80/250 gal. = $257,541;
• Reduction in the number of forming fabrics installed (two at $15,000) = $30,000;
• 20 hours reduction of sheet breaks due to improved cleanliness = $3,369;
• 0.7% reduction of reject paper = $10,187;
• Total savings: $350,464;
• Total investment: $160,000.
Return on Investment: 5.5 months.
ProJet Technologies understands that each client application is unique. For that reason, ProJet developed an automated ROI-calculator that will be applied to each application and produced paper grade. By contacting email@example.com ProJet will perform a no-charge ROI calculation of any forming fabric, press felt or dryer fabric application. After inputting the process parameters provided, customers will receive an ROI analysis of each specific application and investment justification.
ProJet Technologies Inc., www.projetinc.us