Xtek serves woodyard needs
Xtek, Inc. Cincinnati, OH, manufactures custom-machined and heat-treated parts and component assemblies for heavy-duty industrial applications. In the paper industry its offerings cover the mill from one end to the other.
In wood handling — from unloading round-wood from the log haulers, to moving the logs through debarking, chipping and screening — Xtek can provide a number of products and services to improve the performance and reliability of a paper mill.
Key products and services include:
• Hardened steel crane wheels and assemblies specially designed and heat treated to maximize resistance to the damaging forces at work in heavy industrial applications.
• Xtek Steel Safe brake wheels designed mechanically and metallurgically for long, safe operation. Each wheel is: machined from forged low carbon alloy steel, not cast steel or iron; dynamically machine balanced to minimize vibration; heat-treated to withstand thermal fatigue
• Sheave wheels TSP carburized and hardened to 64 Rockwell C (Rc) or greater for long life and reduced maintenance. Xtek says the sheaves have been shown to increase wire rope life by up to five times because of the reduction in crushing and imprinting that occurs in the throat of a softer sheave wheel. The high surface strength allows increased load capability.
• Rope drums in a full range of rope drum material and heat treatments. TSP carburization and hardening to 60- 65 Rc virtually eliminates maintenance and improves the performance of wire rope.
• Below-the-hook lifting devices designed, manufactured or reconditioned to conform with ASME B30.20 and ASME BTH-1 specifications. Xtek and its subsidiaries, Bradley Lifting and Avon Engineering, are ISO9001-2008 certified.
Xtek also offers custom-designed and -built gearing and gearboxes, engineering services and repair and reconditioning services.
Xtek, Inc., www.xtek.com