In-situ multi-gas analyzer for process, pollution monitoring
The IS 2500 from Cemtrex, Inc., Farmingdale, NY, is designed for on-line analysis of up to five gas-phase process components. The system comprises three units: the optical head unit (OHU); the signal processor unit (SPU), the auto-zero/auto-purge panel (AZAP).
The instrument operates on the dualwavelength infra-red principle wherein a beam of specific-wavelength IR radiation is sent through the simple cell of the OHU. The beam is then partially absorbed by the gaseous components to be measured.
The device is designed to be versatile and durable for long-term savings, says Cemtrex. It can use IT, Near-IR, UV and visible spectra depending on the application. As well, it is suitable for elevated pressure and temperature applications, aggressive gases and liquids.
Steam then interacts with the cooling water, forcing it downstream and through a patented Equalizer™ mixing module.
Amongst its features are:
• Multichannel: One instrument can measure up to five components
• Direct in-situ measurement: No requirement for high-cost, high-maintenance sample handling systems
• Built-in filter: No ingress of dust to optics, so no frequent cleaning schedules
• Auto-zero: Reduces calibration frequency
• Heated sample probe: Prevents condensation on optics (only used if flue gas is continuously below dew point)
• Auto-purge: Eliminates risk of condensation in the event of heater lens power failure. • Incandescent filament infra-red source: Easy to replace at low cost
• Single moving part in OHU: Maximum reliability
• Anti-vibration mounting gaskets: Maximum reliability with minimum noise.
• Trend plots on SPU: At a glance record of plant performance and emissions monitoring with hard-copy printout. Parameters that can be monitored include: CO; CO2; NOx; SO2; CH4; C6H6;CH3OH; H2O; HCl; NH3.
Cemtrex, Inc., www.cemtrex.com